Client Success Senior Manager
Day in the life
This morning, you’re kicking off an onboarding call with a new client. Your goal: build trust, communicate the implementation process, answer questions as they come up, and generally ensure the new client has a frictionless experience getting live with Pulse Insights over the coming weeks. To do so, you put on your client relationship management and project management hats to make everything run smoothly during and after the call. During the call, you recommend some common starting points but also listen closely to what each brand is looking to accomplish and then synthesize our notes from the conversation into a word doc for collaboration and sign off by the client.
After the kickoff call, you have a handful of client-related tasks to complete:
- One of your clients has a readout meeting early next week, so you begin looking at their latest survey results in preparation of creating the client deck. You collect your thoughts about the implications of the results and think through what subsequent survey questions can help the client get an even deeper knowledge of customer needs.
- Another client is close to launching a new study. You log into our platform to make some minor changes so you can send test/preview links to get client approval to launch.
- Finally one client had a complex technical question, so you briefly meet with the tech implementation team to determine how to respond.
- You finish negotiating the last few terms of a renewal SOW and send it out to your client for signature.
After lunch, you look through your client roster to look for opportunities to proactively engage and show value to your clients. First, you ensure survey response volume is acceptable and make suggestions (internally and to the client) if you recommend any enhancements. Perhaps you realize that many clients are getting value by integrating Voice of Customer with their Test & Learn programs, so you reach out and suggest a meeting to go over their next biggest opportunities.
To finish up the day, you set some things in motion from your kickoff call: you send the integration guide that gives client tech teams what they need to get Pulse Insights live. You brief the implementation team on the clients’ needs. And you create a project plan from our onboarding template to keep everyone on the same page in order to shepherd a successful launch.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Client Relationship Lead– you’ll be the day-to-day point of contact handling inbound requests for new analysis work to be done, question updates/edits. You’ll be a trusted advisor for the client.
- Project Management– both onboarding and continuing engagement success by uncovering new opportunities for learning and leveraging the platform.
- Client engagement: you’ll proactively generate ideas for what would help clients get maximum value from Pulse Insights and follow them through to execution.
- Drive renewals– as you continuously drive value during the year, clients will renew for subsequent years. You’ll manage the renewal process including negotiating SOWs with the client.
- Lead key meetingsincluding Readouts and Quarterly Business Reviews.
- Dig into client results(moderate: you’ll have support for in-depth analytics) and create stories from their data to help them inform decisions they need to make.
- Platform changes(basic – you’ll have support for complex situations): you’ll log into our platform to make changes on behalf of clients including targeting, formatting, and copy/logic.
- Basic QA(moderate: you’ll have support for complex situations): you’ll collaborate with clients to confirm data is showing up in the platform and that the survey formatting look correct. As needed, you’ll engage specialists to help you through more complex situations.
What’s this opportunity?
You will be responsible for transforming our current clients into product champions! Your job will be highly cross-functional. You will not only work closely with our clients to understand and address their business needs, but also interface with our sales, product and engineering teams very closely to make sure we place our clients’ concerns above everything else. We hope you’re excited by challenges a growing company offers, a lot of autonomy, and the prospect of shaping how we interact with our clients at Pulse Insights.
What will I be doing?
- Own a roster within Pulse Insights’s growing customer base; build a strategy to manage the engagement and success of our clients
- Become a product champion! Develop best practices to share across clients helping them get maximum value from Pulse Insights’ functionality and approach
- Interface closely with sales, product and engineering teams to share client feedback, resolve escalations, deliver outstanding client experiences and have a direct impact on the product roadmap based on customer needs
- Drive engagement and establish strong relationships with our clients
- Develop an understanding of our clients’ goals and work to help them reach a high level of satisfaction with the product
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have prior experience as a customer success / relationship manager at an enterprise SaaS company
- You’re a strong communicator who can distill order from complexity
- You get your kicks from keeping things running smoothly
- You value helping clients become the best versions of themselves — that is helping them to become more customer centric and to inform key business decisions from customer needs
- You are excited by the startup environment! You want to contribute to fine-tuning the structure and process to scale the customer success & advocacy team
Bonus points for:
- Having relevant industry experience in Customer Feedback Management/Voice of Customer